Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A response fromVeridian Homes

Hello,
I have received the second inquiry on the concrete driveway and I have reviewed your “blog”
1. For your moisture levels- the builder (Veridian Homes) is not responsible for making sure that homeowners maintain a recommended humidity level in their homes. Bathrooms and kitchens are common high moisture areas. We recommend running your bath fans often to take the moisture out. But again, this is not something that Veridian Homes is able to monitor with homeowners. Homeowners are responsible for maintaining the home.

2. For the concrete, I would recommend sealing your concrete. This winter a lot of salt is used on the roads, and the salts are brought in on your vehicles. The flaking will continue to worsen if the concrete is not maintained. I also recommend in the winter time, to clean off or squeegee the concrete once and awhile to remove the salts. The exterior concrete is something that needs to be maintained.


Thanks,

Brooke Skidmore
Lead Customer Relations Rep.
Veridian Homes, LLC



First off, for a living we advise people how to waterproof their showers...see http://www.tileprotection.com/ so I know it's not some humidity problem.

As for the driveway...it's been sealed....and the explanation does not explain the wear on my front step....I do not drive my car on the front step.

No comments: